(Senior) Data Engineer (m/f/div)
Elinvar enables asset & wealth managers to digitalize their business models by providing the required Platform as a Service. This includes applications for core processes as well as third party connections. Our partners profit from the combination of leading technology and the optimal regulatory setup as we hold all necessary BaFin licenses. With this comprehensive approach, we create the unique opportunity for our partners to go digital in one step and to utilize state of the art analytics to create individualized solutions to the benefit of their clients.
As (Senior) Data Engineer (m/f/div) you will be collaborating to build a highly performant and scalable data platform using best of class technology as well as contribute to setting up secure and efficient processes for migrating partner data and incorporating third-party data sets.
As part of the Data & Analytics team, you will contribute to design, deliver and maintain the enterprise data solution, working closely with engineers, developers and data scientists to generate interesting insights and cutting edge analysis from our data set. You will have the opportunity to contribute to defining the technological stack that will provide the required capabilities of our data ecosystem. You will contribute to building the pipelines to provision our enterprise data lake and all the infrastructure components of the data ecosystem.
What will keep you challenged?
- Provide support in the design and build of the enterprise data lake provisioning pipelines which support both internal and external use cases
- Provide support in the design, deploy and maintenance of infrastructure components of the data ecosystem
- Evaluating different approaches and technologies to match the evolving needs of the business
- Analysis of complex data elements to debug, analyzing and proactively improve our data ecosystem
- Collaborating with engineers, data scientists, and other key stakeholders to develop solutions that address key business requirements
- Keeping up with industry trends and best practices and continually improving how we approach our data challenges
- Outstanding, highly motivated and international team who values a positive and open working environment
- Tech-driven and focused on excellence in reshaping the wealth management industry by replacing legacy IT with a modern, sustainable IT platform
- Backed by some of the world’s most recognized investors and benefit from the expertise of a strong leadership team
- Everything you need to excel in your profession – including beverages, (mostly) healthy snacks and barista-style coffee
- Beautiful loft-style office, just a few minutes from Alexanderplatz and surrounded by restaurants, cafés, and bars
- 28 vacation days and flexible working hours with the option to work remotely
- Master’s degree in computer science or similar.
- At least 2 years’ experience as data engineer building data science models for production.
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of database concepts and principles, including database modelling and ETL processes.
- Experience working with big data technology: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc
- Experience working with latest SQL and NoSQL database technologies (PostgreSQL, Couchbase, HBase, etc.)
- Advanced English and good German is mandatory
- Programming skills in Scala and scripting languages like Python
- Knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes, AWS is a plus