Senior Manager - Infrastructure & IT (m/f/div)
Elinvar enables asset & wealth managers to digitalize their business models by providing the required Platform as a Service. This includes applications for core processes as well as third party connections. Our partners profit from the combination of leading technology and the optimal regulatory setup as we hold all necessary BaFin licenses. With this comprehensive approach, we create the unique opportunity for our partners to go digital in one step and to utilize state of the art analytics to create individualized solutions to the benefit of their clients.
About the technical stack: the platform consists of dozens of microservices which are mainly based on Java 8. They communicate through Kafka and a GraphQL. Data is stored in PostgreSQL and Couchbase. The services are running in Docker containers on three AWS data centers in a high availability mode, managed by Kubernetes. The frontend is based on React.js. We are using GitLab for source control and continuous integration. The development process is based on Scrum with 2-week sprints.
As Senior Manager Infrastructure & IT you are responsible for the infrastructure and security of our platform and corporate IT. You will ensure the growth of our company by enabling our platform to scale.
What will keep you challenged?
- Taking ownership of the platform infrastructure
- Managing the DevOps, SecOps and internal IT teams
- Growing the department by hiring exceptional engineers and talents
- Prioritizing the infrastructure backlog and defining the strategic roadmap of the infrastructure deliverables
- Ensuring corporate IT is working at a high standard
- Constantly improving the security, monitoring, and scalability of the platform
- Striving to operate a highly available, scalable, and cost-efficient platform
What do we offer?
- The usual Berlin startup perks – but more and better :)
- Excellent working conditions, tools and environment
- An opportunity to build a visionary platform from the ground up, using latest technologies
- An opportunity to make a real difference as a part of a friendly and diverse team
- An opportunity to learn, grow and develop personally and professionally
- Autonomy and flexibility – dream big and make it happen!
- Outstanding, highly motivated and international team who values a positive and open working environment
- Tech-driven and focused on excellence in reshaping the wealth management industry by replacing legacy IT with a modern, sustainable IT platform
- Backed by some of the world’s most recognized investors and benefit from the expertise of a strong leadership team
- Everything you need to excel in your profession – including beverages, (mostly) healthy snacks and barista-style coffee
- Beautiful loft-style office, just a few minutes from Alexanderplatz and surrounded by restaurants, cafés, and bars
- 28 vacation days and flexible working hours with the option to work remotely
- Several years of experience working in a technologically challenging environment in a leadership role
- Broad technology experience and ability to understand complex software systems
- Structured and highly reliable
- Leadership experience – you have built and managed teams and love developing and growing people, helping them achieve their full potential
- Acting as a role model and motivating people especially in hard times
- A hands-on leader - you have a strategic mindset but are also known as someone who can roll up their sleeves to tactically execute
- Excellent communication skills in English and German (as a great plus)