Director Software Development (m/f/div)
Elinvar enables asset & wealth managers to digitalize their business models by providing the required Platform as a Service. This includes applications for core processes as well as third party connections. Our partners and customers like the Fondsdepotbank, Donner & Reuschel AG, and M.M. Warburg & Co. profit from the combination of leading technology and the optimal regulatory setup as we hold all necessary BaFin licenses. With this comprehensive approach, we create the unique opportunity for our partners to go digital in one step and to utilize state-of-the-art analytics to create individualized solutions to the benefit of their clients.
As Director Software Development (m/f/div) you take full responsibility for a functional area, starting from product management, through development and QA, until production deployment and beyond. You provide functional and people management for multiple development squads, up to 20 people. You will not only be a manager of managers, but a true leader, supporting your team with their personal and professional development, just as with day-to-day issues.
What will keep you challenged?
- Hiring, motivating and mentoring engineering managers, developers, product managers and QA engineers. Set a vision, build culture, lead and inspire
- Being the owner of a handful of services: taking full responsibility for technology decisions, management and execution of business and technical roadmaps, and day-to-day business operations
- Running your team like a profit center: increase your revenue by identifying, implementing and improving marketable features to your domain, and by controlling your development and running costs as you see fit
- Setting up, improving and operating processes that will make your team efficient without introducing too much administrative burden
- Being an information hub between your teams and other departments of the company, ensuring timely and accurate information flow in all directions
What do we offer?
- The usual Berlin startup perks – but more and better :)
- Excellent working conditions, tools and environment – both in the office and when working remotely
- An opportunity to build a visionary platform from the ground up, using latest technologies
- An opportunity to make a real difference as a part of a friendly and diverse team
- Autonomy and flexibility – dream big and make it happen!
- Multi-year experience building large systems, preferably with microservices, with strong focus on software quality, scalability and performance
- Multi-year experience in people management, leading by example and with passion
- Ability to think outside the box, solve complex business and technical problems by applying conventional and unconventional ideas as they fit
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of current technology trends
- Knowledge of finance, especially investment management
- Experience with event-based architectures and microservices, especially using Java, Spring and Kafka
- Experience building and growing teams in a startup environment
- German language skills
- Degree in computer science or related engineering fields