Risk and Business Operations Manager (m/f/div)
Elinvar enables Asset & Wealth Managers to digitalize their business model. By combining cutting-edge technology and the regulatory expertise of a licensed financial portfolio manager we offer our partners a comprehensive range of services. The platform’s flexibility enables the customized solution for each partner.
Working at Elinvar is like the platform itself: straightforward and focused on excellence. As a B2B2C provider, we work with asset managers who are managing billions of customer assets. Accordingly, the demands they have on us are high, and we expect a lot from ourselves, too. We are a dynamic team of technology and financial experts and we need your talent to seamlessly bring this disruptive product to our users.
As Risk and Business Operations Manager (m/f/div) you support on the rollout of the Risk Management framework and scaling Business Operations.
What will keep you challenged?
- Running both the the day to day Risk Management functions at Elinvar, but also building out/scaling the Business Operations functions.
- Proactive, ongoing focus on new risks, and performance improvement across key SLAs during a period of growth.
- Maintaining the risk register and the damage loss database and associated controls with a view to building out risk management analysis metrics / calculations / quantitative inputs into operational risk capital calculations, also as an input into the larger risk management processes (Risk Control Self Assessment, ‘RCSA’)
- Coordinate and align with various stakeholders including product development, development teams and technical operations
- Manage the New Product Process, working closely with Information Security, Compliance and AML colleagues
- From a Business Operations perspective (as part of the overall Target Operating Model), work with all teams to source and collate key performance metrics, track performance (SLAs) and feed into regular Operational/Risk Management reports.
- Devising regular and ad-hoc reporting to all internal teams (including management) whilst to coordinating with other Governance, Risk and Compliance functions, as well as the wider company, in particular the technology teams.
- Outstanding, highly motivated and international team who values a positive and open working environment
- Tech-driven and focused on excellence in reshaping the wealth management industry by replacing legacy IT with a modern, sustainable IT platform
- Backed by some of the world’s most recognized investors and benefit from the expertise of a strong leadership team
- Everything you need to excel in your profession – including beverages, (mostly) healthy snacks and barista-style coffee
- Beautiful loft-style office, just a few minutes from Alexanderplatz and surrounded by restaurants, cafés, and bars
- 28 vacation days and flexible working hours with the option to work remotely
What we are looking for?
- Experience in (non-market) risk management and operational risk and management and/or business operations.
- Experience of managing/running Risk Control Self Assessments (RCSA) process, controls inventory and other key processes
- Experience in financial and regulated industries (e.g. bank, insurance, fintech, regtech, including regulations such as MaRisk)
- Strong analytical skills and high degree of process understanding, particularly performance metrics, SLAs, measuring against key metric goals
- Experience with technology (processes, system flows, data and workflows at a good working level)
- Highly motivated and able to define, implement and optimize complex processes
- Committed ‘self-starter’ who can work independently and own/develop core frameworks collaboratively and with energy / a ‘can do’ attitude
- English speaking, German a plus