Senior Backend Engineer - Kafka (m/f/div)
Elinvar enables asset & wealth managers to digitalize their business models by providing the required Platform as a Service. This includes applications for core processes as well as third party connections. Our partners profit from the combination of leading technology and the optimal regulatory setup as we hold all necessary BaFin licenses. With this comprehensive approach, we create the unique opportunity for our partners to go digital in one step and to utilize state of the art analytics to create individualized solutions to the benefit of their clients.
About the technical stack: the platform consists of dozens of microservices which are mainly based on Java 11. They communicate through Kafka and a GraphQL. Data is stored in PostgreSQL and Couchbase. The services are running in Docker containers on three AWS data centers in a high availability mode, managed by Kubernetes. The frontend is based on React.js. We are using GitLab for source control and continuous integration. The development process is based on Scrum with 2-week sprints.
As Apache Kafka Expert Backend Engineer you will work as a part of a cross-functional agile team. Your main responsibility will be to design and implement complex technical and business features, working closely with your fellow developers, product managers and test engineers.
What are we looking for?
- Java (SE) knowledge with at least 4 years’ experience in backend development
- University degree holder in computer science or a related engineering field
- Experience with Message Queues (we are using Kafka s)
- Experience in building API based solutions
- Operational knowledge of SQL databases (PostgreSQL is a plus)
- Experience with data processing technologies (Spark, Storm, Samza) and cloud providers (AWS, ProfitBricks) is a plus
- Experience with REST, NoSQL databases, Scala, TDD/BDD and CI/CD is a plus
- Good communication skills, high proficiency in English
- Outstanding, highly motivated and international team who values a positive and open working environment
- Tech-driven and focused on excellence in reshaping the wealth management industry by replacing legacy IT with a modern, sustainable IT platform
- Backed by some of the world’s most recognized investors and benefit from the expertise of a strong leadership team
- Everything you need to excel in your profession – including beverages, (mostly) healthy snacks and barista-style coffee
- Beautiful loft-style office, just a few minutes from Alexanderplatz and surrounded by restaurants, cafés, and bars
- 28 vacation days and flexible working hours with the option to work remotely
- Expert knowledge of Java and common open source frameworks, especially Spring
- Experience building API based solutions with REST
- Experience working in a microservice environment
- Experience with streaming architectures, preferably Kafka
- Solid knowledge of relational and document databases
- Solid knowledge of current design practices
- Experience with agile software development and standard tools
- Good communication skills in written and spoken English
- Degree in computer science or related engineering fields
- Experience with event sourcing
- Experience with AWS, Kubernetes or Docker
- Experience with JUnit, Jira, Confluence, JMeter, Glowroot