Senior Backend Engineer (m/f/div)
Elinvar enables asset & wealth managers to digitalize their business models by providing the required Platform as a Service. This includes applications for core processes as well as third party connections. Our partners profit from the combination of leading technology and the optimal regulatory setup as we hold all necessary BaFin licenses. With this comprehensive approach, we create the unique opportunity for our partners to go digital in one step and to utilize state of the art analytics to create individualized solutions to the benefit of their clients.
About the technical stack: The platform consists of dozens of microservices which are mainly based on Java 11 (Spring) and Node.js. Backend services communicate through Kafka. The backend communicates with frontend through Rest API. Data is stored in Postgres. Services run in Docker containers on three AWS data centers in high availability mode, managed by Kubernetes. The frontend is based on React. We use GitLab for source control and continuous integration. Our development process is based on Scrum with 2-week sprints.
What will keep you challenged?
- Designing and implementation of our backend services and complex core application
- Working with cutting-edge technologies to build an innovative product from scratch
- Leading by example and evaluating different approaches and methodologies in development
- Continuously improving productivity and sustainability with great coding, QA and release practices
- Collaborating with a team of product managers, data analysts and executive stakeholders to develop a comprehensive understanding of the key drivers and opportunities within the business
- Sharing your knowledge and experience with the team
- Based in Berlin, Elinvar is the comprehensive, digital and customized solution for wealth managers
- Our partners manage billions and expect excellence. We empower employees to reshape finance and look for talented and dedicated people
- Managing billions, our partners expect only excellent solutions. We empower employees to reshape finance and look for talented and dedicated people
- Our co-founders share tremendous industry expertise and together with the team are dedicated to ensure Elinvar’s long term success
- We believe hard work and success deserve to be celebrated – both in and out of the office
What are we looking for?
- Java (SE) expert with at least 4 years’ experience in backend development
- University degree in Computer Science or a related engineering field
- Solid knowledge of Object Oriented Design (Functional Programming is a plus)
- Experience with Middleware Architecture or Message Queues (Kafka is a plus)
- Experience in building API based solutions
- Operational knowledge of SQL databases (PostgreSQL is a plus)
- You always stay on top of current tech industry trends
- Prior experience with source control tools - Git, Github, Gitlab
- You love working in agile teams, JIRA and Confluence are no strangers to you
- Good communication skills, high proficiency in English, German language skills are a plus