Senior Backend Engineer (m/f/div)
Elinvar enables asset & wealth managers to digitalize their business models by providing the required Platform as a Service. This includes applications for core processes as well as third party connections. Our partners and customers like the Fondsdepotbank, Donner & Reuschel AG, and M.M. Warburg & Co. profit from the combination of leading technology and the optimal regulatory setup as we hold all necessary BaFin licenses. With this comprehensive approach, we create the unique opportunity for our partners to go digital in one step and to utilize state-of-the-art analytics to create individualized solutions to the benefit of their clients.
About the technical stack: The platform consists of dozens of microservices which are mainly based on Java 11 (Spring) and Node.js. Backend services communicate through Kafka. The backend communicates with frontend through Rest API. Data is stored in Postgres. Services run in Docker containers on three AWS data centers in high availability mode, managed by Kubernetes. The frontend is based on React. We use GitLab for source control and continuous integration. Our development process is based on Scrum with 2-week sprints.
As Senior Backend Engineer (m/f/div) you will work as a part of a cross-functional agile team. Your main responsibility will be to design and implement complex technical and business features, working closely with your fellow developers, product managers and test engineers. You will support juniors within or outside your team to improve, through expert advice, design and code review and knowledge sharing. You will be a part of senior engineers who shape the future of the platform through your ideas and suggestions.
What will keep you challenged?
- Designing and implementing a state-of-the-art platform using latest design concepts and frameworks
- Continuously improving product quality and developer productivity by designing flexible and resilient components, writing easy-to-understand, maintainable and testable code
- Collaborating with a team of product managers, frontend and backend developers, DevOps engineers and executive stakeholders
What will keep you happy?
- An outstanding, highly motivated and international team that values a positive and open working environment - and a group of people who genuinely appreciate and support each other
- An inspiring momentum to reshape the wealth management industry by replacing legacy IT with a modern, sustainable IT platform
- Everything you need to excel in your profession, backed by some of the world’s most recognized investors
- Enjoy an open corporate culture without dress code, with flexible working hours and remote office options
- Beautiful loft-style office, situated in bustling Prenzlberg just a few minutes from Alexanderplatz - a lunch and afterwork Dorado at your doorsteps
- An employer that welcomes diversity and actively promotes equal opportunities on every level
- Expert knowledge of Java and common open source frameworks, especially Spring
- Experience building API based solutions with REST
- Experience working in a microservice environment
- Experience with streaming architectures, preferably Kafka
- Solid knowledge of relational and document databases
- Solid knowledge of current design practices
- Experience with agile software development and standard tools
- Good communication skills in written and spoken English
- Degree in computer science or related engineering fields
- Experience with event sourcing
- Experience with AWS, Kubernetes or Docker
- Experience with JUnit, Jira, Confluence, JMeter, Glowroot