Senior Backend Engineer - Trade Order Management (m/f/div)
Elinvar enables asset & wealth managers to digitalize their business models by providing the required Platform as a Service. This includes applications for core processes as well as third party connections. Our partners profit from the combination of leading technology and the optimal regulatory setup as we hold all necessary BaFin licenses. With this comprehensive approach, we create the unique opportunity for our partners to go digital in one step and to utilize state of the art analytics to create individualized solutions to the benefit of their clients.
About the technical stack: The platform consists of dozens of microservices which are mainly based on Java 11 (Spring) and Node.js. Backend services communicate through Kafka. The backend communicates with frontend through Rest API. Data is stored in Postgres. Services run in Docker containers on three AWS data centers in high availability mode, managed by Kubernetes. The frontend is based on React. We use GitLab for source control and continuous integration. Our development process is based on Scrum with 2-week sprints.
As Senior Backend Engineer – Trade Order Management (m/f/div) you will work as a part of a cross-functional agile team. Your main responsibility will be to continue to build out and maintain the portfolio and order management components of our platform, specifically as we execute with custodian banks. You will work with teams locally and remotely to develop deep expertise in our plant and then enhance the core portfolio and order management logic to achieve scale with absolute accuracy and control. You will support juniors within or outside your team to improve, through expert advice, design and code review and knowledge sharing. You will be a part of senior engineers who shape the future of the platform through your ideas and suggestions.
What will keep you challenged?
- Designing and implementing elegant solutions for highly complex business and technical problems, with excellence required in business-critical financial systems
- Continuously improving quality, productivity, performance and stability by applying great design, coding, QA and release practices
- Collaborating with a team of product managers, data analysts and executive stakeholder
What do we offer?
- The usual Berlin startup perks – but more and better :)
- Excellent working conditions, tools and environment
- An opportunity to build a visionary platform from the ground up, using latest technologies
- An opportunity to make a real difference as a part of a friendly and diverse team
- Autonomy and flexibility
- Outstanding, highly motivated and international team who values a positive and open working environment
- Tech-driven and focused on excellence in reshaping the wealth management industry by replacing legacy IT with a modern, sustainable IT platform
- Backed by some of the world’s most recognized investors and benefit from the expertise of a strong leadership team
- Everything you need to excel in your profession – including beverages, (mostly) healthy snacks and barista-style coffee
- Beautiful loft-style office, just a few minutes from Alexanderplatz and surrounded by restaurants, cafés, and bars
- 28 vacation days and flexible working hours with the option to work remotely
- Hands-on experience in building and maintaining trading, order management or similarly complex financial systems in an investment bank or hedge fund, or in an asset management or wealth management company
- Solid knowledge of order lifecycle from generation through routing, FIX messaging, confirmation and execution status update
- Ability in owning and optimizing technology and processes to achieve scalable and timely execution whilst complying with all applicable regulations and protocols
- Solid Java knowledge gained over 5+ years of application development
- Solid knowledge of software design patterns and best practices
- Knowledge of integration with custodian banks, MTFs, exchanges and other sources of liquidity
- Experience of equities (single stock, ETF) and fixed income instruments
- Experience of FIX API – testing, integration and validation
- Experience with event-based architectures and microservices
- Experience with any of the following technologies: Kafka, Spark, AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, TDD/BDD
- German language skills
- Degree in computer science or related engineering fields