(Senior) Java Backend Engineer / all genders
Would you like to be part of our success? As (Senior) Java Backend Engineer (all genders) you become part of our international team and will literally write our success-story - in code language.
Elinvar enables asset & wealth managers to digitalize their business models by providing the required Platform as a Service. This includes applications for core processes as well as third party connections. Our partners profit from the combination of leading technology and the optimal regulatory setup as we hold all necessary BaFin licenses. With this comprehensive approach, we create the unique opportunity for our partners to go digital in one step and to utilize state of the art analytics to create individualized solutions to the benefit of their clients.
About the technical stack: The platform consists of 100+ microservices which are mainly based on Java and Spring Boot. Backend services communicate through Kafka. The backend communicates with frontend through Rest API. Data is stored in Postgres. Services run in Docker containers on three AWS data centers in high availability mode, managed by Kubernetes. The frontend is based on React.JS. We use GitLab for source control and continuous integration. In our agile development processes we are following either Scrum or KANBAN methodology.
As (Senior) Java Backend Engineer (all genders) you will be part of an engineering squad, working in cross-functional teams to develop and evolve our Platform as a Service (PaaS) according to our clients needs.
What will keep you challenged
- Designing and implementation of our backend services and complex core application
- Working with cutting-edge technologies to build an innovative product from scratch
- Leading by example and evaluating different approaches and methodologies in development
- Continuously improving productivity and sustainability with great coding, QA and release practices
- Collaborating with a team of product managers, data analysts and executive stakeholders to develop a comprehensive understanding of the key drivers and opportunities within the business
- Sharing your knowledge and experience with the team
What will make you happy
Open corporate culture without dress code, with free drinks and barista-style coffee approved by our coffee-loving CEO
- Our office language is English and we enjoy working with colleagues from 35+ different countries
- Our hybrid working model offers the best of both worlds: work remotely or in the office
- Gather at least once a month during team week to connect personally
- Situated in Berlin and Magdeburg, you’ll find our modern offices in the city center
28 vacation days, flexible working hours, part-time options and family friendly solutions to ensure a healthy work life balance
Yearly L&D budget to excel your professional skills and free access to our office library to update your knowledge
- Events and activities to get together and share fun with your team or the whole company
Urban Sports Club subsidy to support your personal fitness
Relocation support (incl. visa sponsorship) and free German courses to help you settle in
Your choice of laptop (MacOS or Windows) and additional work equipment
- Discounts for regional or interregional public transport
- Java (SE) expert with at least 4 years’ experience in backend development
- University degree in Computer Science or a related engineering field
- Solid knowledge of Object Oriented Design (Functional Programming is a plus)
- Experience with Middleware Architecture or Message Queues (Kafka is a plus)
- Experience in building API based solutions
- Operational knowledge of SQL databases (PostgreSQL is a plus)
- You always stay on top of current tech industry trends
- Prior experience with source control tools - Git, Github, Gitlab
- You love working in agile teams, JIRA and Confluence are no strangers to you
- Good communication skills, high proficiency in English, German language skills are a plus
At Elinvar, we don’t let each other down; we only succeed as a team. You will join an outstanding, highly motivated and international team that values a positive and open working environment - and an employer that welcomes diversity and actively promotes equal opportunities on every level. Simply - a group of people who genuinely appreciate and support each other. Join us now!